Callahan Brake Parts Review – They Junk Or Worth Your Bucks?
Say ‘Goodbye’ to that awful brake dust. Because Callahan brake parts are here to give you a smooth driving experience.
Let me take a wild guess, you probably wondering if brake parts and accessories are a minor issue, and why I am giving so much focus on it.
Safety comes first, dude!
And a minor problem in these tiny parts can cause a big deal on safety. When it comes to reliable brake parts, the first brand that pop-ups to our mind are Callahan. They have chosen the electrostatic method for powder coating on the calipers. As a result, you enjoy the best touch on its calipers.
Quick Answer! Callahan Brake Parts Review
Are Callahan Calipers Any Good?
- Confirms Safety: In any vehicle, the brake system is one of the most critical factors. The efficiency of a Callahan caliper depends on the safety feature too. A timely and quick stop is significantly essential during a sudden block or any accident. And Callahan calipers perform well in this regard.
- Adds additional guard to the brake pads: Due to Callahan calipers, the sustainability of the brake pad improves. An excellent quality Callahan calipers confirm the security of the brake pads meticulously.
- Increases lifespan: A new Callahan calipers are responsible for improving the lifespan of a vehicle as well as the overall braking system. Callahan calipers are made of highly durable metals like copper and high ceramic. It also reduces the corrosion of rotors and brake pads.
Our Handpicked List of 10 Callahan Brake Parts Review
Here are our reviews of 10 of the best Callahan brake parts that you can grab your hands on.
1. Callahan ceramics cds02000
Imagine how it could be if you find a Callahan brake rotor that is the bolt in ready right from the box. Can this really be true?
Yes, Callahan makes the dream come true. Parts are perfectly ready to install just out of the box. That means no cleaning is required. We all know, Ceramic brake pads are comparatively quieter as well as last longer than metallic ones. This one is no exception.
And guess what?
The unique formula not only minimizes noise fade but also works great to reduce dust. The kit comes with 2 Front 6 Lug Drilled, FOUR Ceramic Brake Pads, Slotted Vented Disc Rotors, and Hardware.
This cool replacement part is compatible with:
- Ford F-150 Pickup (2010 – 2014)- 6 Lug Models
- Ford F-150 Pickup (2015 – 2018)- All Models
- Ford F-150 Raptor (2010 – 2018) – All Models
- Ford Expedition (2007 – 2018) – All Models
- Lincoln Navigator (2007 – 2018) – All Models
- Increased stopping power
- Improved heat dissipation
- Reduced noise fade
- The front pad is a joke
2. Callahan rotors Power Stop K2068 Front & Rear Brake Kit
Callahan rotors are designed for peak performance literally under all conditions. Callahan rotors review may help you to find the exact one for you.
Yes, you heard that right.
Power Stop Carbon-fiber ceramic ingredient remarkably boosts braking performance compared to traditional ceramic brake pads. Apart from these, the Brake rotor, hardware, and pad are designed to work together to enhance total stopping power to eliminate dust.
But wait – there’s more.
This kit is engineered to ensure a noise-free upgrade on your stock brake system and perfectly matched rotors not only drilled but also slotted.
Simple to complete the brake job without sweating the blood! Still not convinced? Low dust braking was tested through on-vehicle tests in Los Angeles. And the result is amazing; it shows around 30% less dust than OE.
- High-performance lubricant
- Virtually silent braking
- Improve durability
- The pad produces a strange squealing sound
3. Crk14002 FRONT 325mm + REAR 331mm
Increase the braking power and capability of your daily driver with crk14002. It literally comes with everything one asks to change both the front and rear rotors.
What about Brake pads?
Well, Dust is minimal, or in plain words, very little bite to no bite. Now let’s talk about the rotor. Honestly speaking, it seems pretty Sub-average quality to us. There’s not much I can really admire about the rotors.
Let me show you which models are compatible with:
- Buick Enclave – All Models (2008 – 2017)
- Chevy Traverse – All Models (2009 – 2017)
- GMC Acadia – All Models (2007 – 2016)
- Saturn Outlook – All Models (2007 – 2010)
Does it stop on an emergency stomp?
Yes, it does, but don’t expect a brake pedal feel. The whole package is average.
- No cleaning required
- Quieter parts
- The noise of pads is extremely loud
4. CCK11013 FRONT OE
Looking for rotor parts by which you can do Drilled, Slotted and Plate? Here it is!
Like other Callahan brake parts, this stuff also doesn’t demand any modification. Pull out of the box, and they are perfectly ready to install.
First of all, let’s see with whom it is compatible:
- Honda Civic Coupe – only DX or HX Models (1993 – 2000)
- Honda Civic Hatchback – All Models except Si (1994 – 1995)
- Honda Civic Hatchback
- Honda Civic Sedan – Only DX or LX Models (1990 – 1993)
- Honda Civic Hatchback (1996 – 2000)
- Honda Civic Sedan – All DX or LX Models (1994 – 1996)
- Honda Civic Sedan 1996 LX
- Honda Civic Sedan – DX or LX or GX Models (1997 – 2000)
- Honda Civic Wagon 2WD Models (1990 – 1991)
- Honda Civic Del Sol – Non-V-Tec Models (1993 – 1997)
- Honda CRX DX
Calipers are thoroughly tested for safety and then validate. The pressure test was to minimize leaks.
- Ensure confident braking.
- Proper fit
- Affordable price
- Poorly designed mounting bolts holes
5. CRK13661 FRONT 300 mm + REAR 283 mm
If you’re looking to save a few bucks, this CRK13661like all the rest, premium brake parts at a much cheaper rate. I am not kidding.
When you need to stop, these awesome gadgets will automatically stop you and keep your family safe.
Now come to the main concern, with which it is compatible:
- Hyundai Sonata – All Models (2010 – 2014)
- Hyundai Sonata – Hybrid Models (2015)
- Kia Optima – Hybrid; EX, LX; Models (2011 – 2013)
- Kia Optima – EX; LX; SX; Hybrid LX Models (2014 – 2015)
- Kia Optima – Hybrid Models (2016)
It’s actually quite similar to the previous model CCK11013. But it comes in a more convenient budget. We just love its unique formula, which works to minimize noise fade and dust.
- No noise
- The rotors and brakes fit well
- Low Dust Ceramic Brake Pads
- Little dusty pads
6. CRK11189 FRONT 262mm OE
CRK11189 is such an OE that gonna give you supreme brake power without sacrificing your natural speed. Weigh only 27.2 pounds, this handy part with easily compatible with your engine.
Here’s the model’s list this OE is compatible with:
- Honda Civic Coupe (1996 – 2000) – EX Models
- Honda Civic Coupe (2001 – 2005) – All Models
- Honda Civic Coupe (1999 – 2000) – Si Models
- Honda Civic Hatchback (2002 – 2003) – Si Models
- Honda Civic Sedan (1996) – EX & LX Models
- Honda Civic Sedan (1997 – 2000) – EX Models
- Honda Civic Sedan (2001 – 2005) – All Models except Hybrid
- Honda Insight (2010 – 2014) – All Models
As you can see, this one is a great deal for Honda lovers. The thing that impresses us most is its solid stopping power. The ceramic brake pads make it quieter.
- Hardware is included
- Easy to install
- Impressive materiel
- Front Rotors could be a bit longer
7. Callahan 513084X2 Hub Bearing Assemblies
This front Wheel Hub Bearing Assembly is literally jawdropping. Precision machined for proper fit without any extra modification. That is not all, you will enjoy transmitting power on zero slippings.
And the best part?
Sealed with decent temperature grease, this part will give you the confidence to bring your best performance. Besides this, it ensures a tight fit to the wheels.
Let me explain to which it is compatible:
- JEEP CHEROKEE – ALL models (1990 – 1998)
- Jeep Cherokee (1999 MODELS)
- JEEP COMANCHE- 2WD MODELS (1990 – 1992)
- JEEP COMANCHE- 4WD MODELS (1990 – 1992)
- JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE- ALL (1993 – 1998)
- JEEP TJ- ALL (1990 – 1999)
- JEEP WRANGLER- ALL (1990 – 1999)
So it’s all about JEEP models. But there’s one small catch.
If your vehicle is wrapped with a gear ring around the back, then it is able to have abs. But in the case of the back of the driveshaft, this is not the thing you are looking for.
- Premium Grade hub
- Temperature grease gives extra durability
- Transmits power
- Cheap lugs
8. CCK11471 REAR Premium Loaded OE
No more embarrassing or annoying noisy brakes.This CCK11471 is going to give you a noise-free braking experience. No wonder calipers are carefully inspected for top-notch quality.
Before anything else, let me mention the models this stuff is compatible with:
- Ford Excursion – All Models (2000 – 2005)
- Ford F-250 Super Duty Pickup – All Models (2000 – 2004)
- Ford F-350 Super Duty Pickup – All Models (2000 – 2004)
Let me clear this first:
This accessory is actually a remanufactured caliper with new components, including springs, bushings, seals, bleeder screws, and even hardware.
Like other Callahan brake parts, this one is also ready to install right out of the box.
- No cleaning required
- Reasonable price
- Ensures proper fit
- The slide boot is a crap
9. Callahan CCK07367  FRONT + REAR
The Callahan CCK07367 is the most ergonomically designed brake part we came across. Why are we telling this?
Premium Powder-Coated caliper has already earned 98% lifetime Positive Feedback. However, it has to go through pressure testing to avoid leaks so that you can enjoy confident braking.
The kit comes with everything you need for an excellent driving experience. The package includes 4 front+rear Premium Grade Calipers and Hardware.
Don’t think that these remanufactured Calipers have limited access to car models. The list will surely surprise you. It is compatible with:
- Chevrolet Astro – All Models
- Chevrolet Avalanche 1500
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (1999 – 2000)
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 – 6 Lug Models (2001 – 2002)
- Chevrolet Suburban 1500 – 6 Lug Models (2000 – 2002)
- Chevrolet Tahoe 1500 4WD (2000 – 2002)
- GMC Safari – All Models (2003 – 2005)
- GMC Sierra 1500 (1999 – 2000) – All 2WD and 4WD Models
- GMC Sierra 1500(2001 – 2002) – 6 Lug Models
- GMC Sierra 1500 – 6 Lug Quadrasteer Models (2003)
- GMC Yukon 1500 2WD – Models (2000 – 2001)
- GMC Yukon 1500 2WD (2002)
- GMC Yukon 1500 2WD (2000 – 2002)
- GMC Yukon, Yukon Denali 4WD (2000 – 2002)
- Good quality
- Fits like factory calipers
- Compact kit
- Hardware only fit Chevrolet GMC
10. CCK01506 FRONT Premium Grade OE
Here is another great Callahan masterpiece. It ensures the proper fit for selected vehicles. If you are wondering which are those this stuff is compatible with. Check this out:
- Toyota Tundra – All Models (2007 – 2015)
- Toyota Sequoia – All Models(2008 – 2018)
Its true CALIPERS are remanufactured but made from new components. Don’t worry about safety; this has been inspected several times.
- No cleaning required
- Simple to setup
- Impressive performance
- Not support a few models
How to choose Callahan brake parts?
Find out the below-listed considerations that need to be kept in mind while purchasing a Callahan caliper. These factors will let you have a safe ride during any journey. Let’s read out the consideration.
Are you looking to improve the performance of your vehicle’s comprehensive braking system?
Then it would be best if you searched for the best Callahan calipers that are made of highly durable and reliable material. Choose a metallic or semi-metallic Callahan caliper that lasts long for several years.
But remember, these materials are a bit noisy and dust-free brake.
However, if you get the best security while driving, why won’t you think of purchasing the best Callahan calipers?
The best Callahan calipers can bear excessive brake. Although it is not possible to get the exact time of how long Callahan calipers can last.
But it is advised to purchase Callahan calipers that can show its best performance against excessive brake miles after miles. The best Callahan calipers have a powder coating layer. This layer is confirming the prolonged existence of Callahan calipers.
How will you know that your Callahan calipers are not at its best performance during a ride? At the time of pressing the brake button, if it creates a whining sound, know that the Callahan calipers is working something somewhere wrong.
There are Callahan calipers, which are coated with rubber. And this rubber stops the noise at the time of your ride.
Where Are Callahan Brake Rotors Made?
Callahan is one of the best brands located in the United States. They are famous for manufacturing different vehicle brakes that are promised to provide the best quality.
However, it is not surprising news that Callahan does its manufacturing and production inside the United States. A warehouse of the Callahan brand is located in the state of Illinois.
Astonishing, isn’t it?
Callahan never compromises on brake parts quality, and their motto is “quality first.” Due to this reason, for the last 20+ years, the popularity of Callahan brakes and rotors is on an increasing trend.
Materials of Callahan Brake Parts
In the car brake tools industry, Callahan is a famous name undoubtedly. Behind their name, different materials play a vital role, and these materials enhance the performance level of Callahan parts.
The manufacturer offers metallic brake pads in their Callahan brake parts the majority of the time. However, Callahan did not stop manufacturing ceramic brake pads too.
See the difference?
Due to several reasons, a ceramic brake pad is better than other kinds of brake pads. Ceramic brake pads are eligible to confirm the principles of the innovative materials. This type of pads durability is also high compared to other brake pads.
You should purchase a ceramic brake pad instead of purchasing metallic or semi-metallic brake pads as a ceramic brake pad will give you a long time of service.
Brake rotors from Callahan
Callahan comes with different styles of brake rotors. If your brake rotors show any damaging signs, you can purchase a new and better one from Callahan. Let’s find out the different types of Callahan rotors from below
Drilled only rotors: Identifying these rotors is straightforward. Merely looking at this rotor, you can say this is a drilled the only rotor because it contains several holes in it.
Chamfered holes are used on Callahan products that eliminate any cracks and rise of stress.
Slotted only rotors: The name itself is giving you an idea of this type of Callahan rotor. This rotor contains slots in its metal, and the slots seem like a line. Due to these beveled slots, gas and dust can’t take place in the brake pads.
Cross-drilled rotors: The model Callahan CDS02000 refers to the cross-drilled rotors, and it is a bunch of cross-drilled front brake rotors. To keep the rotor fresh and inhibit the warping issue, this rotor is the best one. Additionally, using this rotor, you will have a vibration-free brake.
Drilled-slotted rotors: The majority of the Callahan brake rotors follow this style. Using this rotor, you will get the benefit of a slotted and drilled rotor both. For an exclusive brand car like BMW and Mercedes, choose these drilled-slotted rotors without any tension. This rotor is a well-performer in a wet conditions.
Blank or smooth rotors: It is a new classified rotor that is used on new cars. This rotor is free from any crack as it contains blank holes. It performs quietly and provides a high level of efficiency. Callahan introduces high effective blank rotors, and undoubtedly you can depend on these new rotors.
Power Stop vs. Callahan
Just like Callahan, Power Stop brakes are mostly manufactured and designed in the US. However, some models are manufactured by their partners overseas. Power Stop is also known for manufacturing high-performance brake parts, and they have been doing that since 1997. Their diversified line of brake parts and rotors has garnered praises from car owners and enthusiasts. Now, let’s get down to the real comparison in this Callahan brakes review; Power Stop vs. Callahan.
Power Stop uses metals and semi-metals in the manufacture of their brake parts. This, in turn, delivers a superb blend of performance, quality, power, and reliability. Callahan also uses metals and semi-metals, but they do not use a fiber ceramic formula in coating the surface. This is what really sets Power Stop and Callahan apart.
The use of a fiber ceramic formula in Power Stop brake parts hardware has helped produce quieter noise or nearly-silent noise than what’s used in Callahan brake parts. Plus, Power Stop brake parts are straightforward to install.
However, Power Stop is rather too expensive, and this is where Callahan wins. Overall, both brake parts manufacturers will deliver superb performance, dissipate heat efficiently, and offer a smooth driving experience.
Are Callahan Brakes Good?
Callahan brakes are not only good but one of the best in the industry. Why is that? As a company, Callahan uses the best and most robust materials in making their brakes, which results in more exceptional performance.
Efficiency, safety, and performance have been the watchwords of Callahan, and they have no plans for relenting. Callahan uses metals and semi-metals to produce brake parts, and this choice of materials is why their brake parts are durable. They can be a bit noisy, but they are dust-free, highly durable, power-efficient, and performs timely stops.
Who Makes Callahan Brake Parts?
Callahan brake parts are manufactured in the United States by the company, which bears the same name, Callahan.
Callahan is a well-known brand for manufacturing the best brake and rotor parts globally and has never compromised on quality. Since they dived into the manufacture of brake parts and rotor parts around two decades ago, no one has ever had any reason to doubt their quality. Thus, gaining more popularity and more trust
Callahan Brakes Tommy Boy
‘Tommy Boy,’ also known as Thomas R. Callahan III, was the son of an industrialist tycoon and widower, Thomas R. “Big Tom” Callahan, Jr. The latter owned Callahan Auto, the company that manufactures brake parts. Tommy Boy was the nickname given to Callahan III. He was famous for saving the company after his father’s demise from being taken over by a bank that the company owed a tremendous amount of money.
Despite the troubles and several failed attempts, Tommy boy finally saved Callahan, company through his perfect sales pitch idea.
Callahan Brakes – Good or Garbage? – See installation and results on a 2009 Mazda 6
Callahan Brake Parts Review (FAQs)
1. Question: Are Ceramic Brake Pads Better?
Answer: Ceramic brake pads can scatter heat evenly, and stopping power is high. Ceramic brake pads are the right choice for typical driving applications.
2. Question: Who makes good brake calipers?
Answer: Undoubtedly, Callahan is the best manufacturer in the industry of brake calipers.
3. Question: What are the best brake pad brands?
Answer: Callahan is one of the best brake pad brands, and they never compromise on their quality.
4. Question: How long should brake calipers last?
Answer: A brake calipers should give you service at least a Hundred thousand of a mile.
5. Question: Are Callahan slotted and drilled brake rotors any good?
Answer: Keeping your eyes shut off, you can depend on the Callahan slotted and drilled brake rotors because they have high stopping power.
6. Are Callahan Slotted and Drilled Brake Rotors Any Good?
If there is any brake rotor that you should be looking for out there, it should be the slotted and drilled brake rotor, and here is why.
Slotted – drilled brake rotor is a combination of the drilled-only rotors and the slotted-only rotors, so you get to enjoy both this 2-in-1 rotor’s benefits and qualities. Like the name suggested, slotted rotors have slots on them, similar to the lines present on metals. This helps the brake rotor to remove gas and dust from the brake pads.
Drilled brake rotors have holes in the metal parts. These holes help in preventing cracks.
As we have stated, the combination of drilled and slot brake rotors make up the 2-in-1 slotted and drilled brake rotors. Most high-end trucks use this brake rotor because of the added benefits of both slotted and drilled rotors.
7. What Are the Best Brand of Brake Pads and Rotors?
Several brands make quality brake pads and rotors, but Callahan stands out. They don’t only manufacture high-performance, quality, and durable brake parts, but affordable ones too.
8. Where Are Callahan Brakes Made?
Callahan brakes are manufactured in the United States, with one of the manufacturing plants in Illinois.
9. Is Callahan Auto Parts Real?
Callahan Auto Parts have been in existence for more than two decades and have been waxing strong ever since.
10. How Long Should Brake Rotors Last?
Brake rotors usually last between 50,000-100,000 miles, depending on the material and usage.
Callahan Brake Parts Review’s bottom lines:
No doubt, Brake rotors are the essential elements of the Callahan brake kits. That’s why choosing the right brake parts is so crucial for safety.
Poor stopping, excessive noise, and low, spongy pedal are some sign that indicates it’s time to change your brake parts.
Out of these 5 best Callahan brake parts, which one is our favorite?
Here is the shortlist:
- Best overall: callahan ceramics cds02000
- Best value, Runner up Callahan rotors Power Stop K2068
- Best budget: Callahan CCK07367 FRONT + REAR
Grab the one which matches your desire, budget, and style and take your driving experience to a new level.
Good luck and Chao!